I’ve baked several different kinds of dog treats, and this recipe is a great one because it’s only four ingredients. What’s even better is that the ingredients are ones that you probably already have in your house! Here’s a simple recipe for healthy homemade dog treats.
Recipe: Healthy Homemade Dog Treats
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1/2 cup water (optional)
- dog bone cookie cutters
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl until a soft dough forms. You may need to add water or more flour, depending on the consistency of your dough.
- Sprinkle flour on your cooking surface (I just use my counter top) to ensure the dough doesn’t stick when you’re rolling it out.
- Roll the dough out and use a cookie cutter to create the shape/size of treat you’d like.
- Place treats on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes (bake longer if you want a harder, crunchier treat).
- Let the treats cool completely then let your dog enjoy!
I hope your dogs enjoy these healthy homemade dog treats! Looking for other simple homemade dog treat recipes? Check out my other recipes here!
Affiliate links are present in this post but Amanda only shares products that she uses and believes in!