I love celebrating holidays with my dogs. I get Khloee and Wynston in on all of the action, including wrapping Christmas and birthday presents for them! Easter is no different! Find out how to put together a super cute Easter basket for your dog!
What to include in a Doggy Easter Basket:
- Easter eggs filled with treats: I chose cheese flavored Best Buddy Bits to fill the Easter eggs for my dogs this year. I will put some treat filled eggs in their baskets, as well as hide some around the house! Khloee and Wynston are pros at opening the eggs and taking the treats out!
- Dog toys: I got all of the dog toys for Khloee and Wynston’s baskets at PetSmart this year – as usual! They include a Pound Puppy, crinkle hedgehog and two Peeps toys!
- Dental chews: This year my kids will get Dentastix and Whimzees. You can also put dental sticks in large Easter eggs!
- Treats: You can fill Easter eggs with any treats you want, or include bags of treats in your dog’s Easter basket.
- Don’t give your dogs chocolate! The caffeine content in chocolate can be deadly to dogs.
- Avoid plastic Easter grass. It can block their intestinal track and cause fatal issues. Opt for paper grass, or no grass at all.
- Watch what your dogs are chewing on. If you fill plastic eggs with treats, make sure your dogs aren’t attempting to chew on or eat the eggs.
Will you be putting an Easter basket together for your dogs this year?