Pumpkin offers many benefits for dogs. I stock up on cans of pure pumpkin in the fall because it can be hard to come by throughout the year (at least in Arizona). Now that I have a hefty stash, I’ve been creating delicious goodies for my dogs to enjoy. I hope you enjoy making these DIY pumpkin spice smoothies for your dogs!
Pumpkin Spice Smoothies for Dogs
What you’ll need:
- Blender or hand mixer
- 1 (15oz) can pure pumpkin (not pie filling!)
- 1 cup low-fat or non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Empty the can of pumpkin into the blender.
- Add the yogurt. Blend/whip for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon. Blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour into Dixie cups or small bowls for your dogs to enjoy! You can also mix food into the smoothie or pour it into ice cube trays to freeze for a yummy frozen dog treat.
- If you have leftovers, pour into a mason jar and refrigerate.
- *If you don’t have a blender, you can pour all of the ingredients into a large bowl and use a hand mixer! Mix on medium until the smoothie is a light, smooth consistency.*
This delectable recipe for pumpkin spice smoothies takes no more than 10 minutes to prep and make! There are several options in terms of serving the smoothie, whether it be in a bowl, Dixie cups, mixed with food or as frozen treats. Pumpkin is an amazing natural digestive regulator for dogs, so it’s benefiting your dog’s health as well as providing them with a great snack. The brands I used are Libby’s pure pumpkin, Kroger ground cinnamon and Dannon yogurt.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out my other DIY homemade dog treat recipes and please share it with your friends 🙂
Did you make this recipe? Tell me what you think in the comments!