When witches go riding and black cats are seen, doggies are howling…it’s near Halloween!
It’s time for the annual Trick or Treat Giveaway Hop, hosted by Kol’s Notes and Beagles & Bargains! This year’s giveaway is bigger than EVER, and you won’t want to miss all of the treats we are giving away. Learn an abundance of super fun dog tricks along the way, including ours: teaching your dog to be SASSY! How cute is that?! So, are you ready to learn tricks and win treats? I present to you the details…
How it works:
- Check out our video and instructions on how to teach your dog to be sassy!
- View all of the incredible prizes that are up for grabs!
- Enter to win on our blog, then head to the other participating blogs to enter. The more blogs you enter on, the higher your chances are to win.
Teach Your Dog to be Sassy
I’ve taught McKenzie Rae and Khloee both to be “sassy.” The trick involves a bark or quick howl, plus some sort of movement, like a jump or spin. What makes this trick fun and unique is that you can put your own spin on it (pun intended!). Check out the video below, then read my basic teaching instructions:
- If your dog can’t jump or spin, or bark or howl on command, I’d start by teaching them those basic tricks. Make sure you use lots of positive reinforcement!
- For last year’s giveaway, I taught “spin,” so check out that post to teach your pup how to spin 😀
- Teaching your dog to be sassy is really just combining a noise with a motion. Khloee likes to bark at me with attitude when I come home from being away, so I used that as fuel for the trick. Each time I’d get attitude from her, I’d ask “Why are you so sassy?” Then I started treating Khloee every time she would bark to positively reinforce the behavior, but only when I asked if she was sassy. I did not want to reinforce the barking unless I was asking for it.
- Once your dog knows how to “speak” combine it with the “spin” trick I linked for you above.
- Add the “sassy” queue once your dog has perfected each motion!
Join Kol’s Notes and Beagles & Bargains
for 10 days of awesome dog tricks, fabulous dog treats, and OVER $850 worth of fun and prizes!
$300 Gift Card to PetSmart
$299 VALUE – SPONSORED BY CLEVERPET
Golden Milk, Eggnog, Pumpkin Spice Latte,Cuddles, and Smooches
$68 VALUE – SPONSORED BY THE HONEST KITCHEN
Halloween Trick Ball, Halloween Treat Ball,and Maple Leaf Nook
$50 VALUE – SPONSORED BY PLANET DOG
Duck & Yogurt Bully Puffs, Chicken & Cheddar Bully Puffs,Lamb & Peanut Butter Bully Puffs, Bacon & Liver Bully Puffs,and Bacon Chips (1 Bag Each)
$40 VALUE – SPONSORED BY HEALTH EXTENSION
PLUS follow all bloggers on Instagram for a chance to win a SPECIAL SOCIAL MEDIA PRIZE:
$100 Gift Card to PetSmart
WHERE TO ENTER:
Learn to Crawl
by Kol’s Notes
Learn to Calmly Ride in Elevators
by Beagles & Bargains
Learn to Not Freak Out When a Doorbell Rings
by A Dog Walks into a Bar
Learn to Ring a Bell
Learn to be “Sassy”
by Dog Mom Days
Learn Whistle Recall
by Fetch for Me, Human
Learn “Beg”, “Which Hand”, and Indoor Exercise Trick Sets
by Fidose of Reality
Learn to Stand on Your Hind Legs
by Heart Like A Dog
Learn to Kiss
by It’s Dog or Nothing
Learn to Touch
by Life With Beagle
Learn to Pick It Up or Take It
by My Dog Likes
Learn to Crawl Through a Tight Tunnel
by My GBGV Life
Learn to Shake Paws (for Dogs Who Don’t Like Their Paws Touched!)
by Sarcastic Dog
Learn Puppy Push Ups
by Spencer the Goldendoodle
Learn Two Dog Tricks
by Tails from the Road
Learn “Paw” and “Shake Paw”
by Talent Hounds
Learn to Cover Your Eyes
by Tenacious Little Terrier
Learn to Jump Through a Hoop
by The Broke Dog
Learn to Spin
by The Daily Pip
Learn to Open Doors
by Wag ‘n Woof Pets
Visit each blog for more chances to win!
Enter to win our giveaway using the widget below. Be sure to view our full giveaway disclosures, and enter on all of the blogs listed above. Good luck!