Can dogs eat blueberries?
Of course they can! Now, your dog may not like them because they can be tart, but blueberries are a healthy snack for your pup. Just as they are a super food for humans, blueberries are just as super for dogs.
- antioxidants (phytochemicals)
You can give blueberries to your dog fresh out of the package but make sure to rinse them off with water first! You can also freeze blueberries as another way for your dogs to enjoy this healthy treat!
Frozen blueberry treat recipe:
You will need:
- Fat-free yogurt with no sugar or artificial sweeteners
- Dixie cups or ice cube tray
- Mix some fresh blueberries into some fat-free yogurt.
- Spoon it into Dixie cups or ice cube tray.
- Freeze for 3 hours.
- Let your dog enjoy!
Consult your veterinarian if you have specific health questions about blueberries for your dog. Just like humans, dogs can have different reactions to food.
Now go enjoy some blueberries with your pampered pooch!