My DIY recipe for doggy cupcakes has been a huge hit with all of you. I wanted to create something similar, but this time more of an everyday recipe as opposed to something for a special occasion. I came up with a simple recipe (you know how much I like easy crafts) for apple cinnamon muffins for dogs, which fit the bill perfectly. While these muffins are a delicious dog treat for any day of the year, they especially resonate during the fall months. Whip together this cozy snack in just 10 minutes, and watch your pups enjoy!
DIY Apple Cinnamon Muffins for Dogs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Makes: 18 muffins
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chunks of apple (your choice of type – I used red delicious)
- Muffin pan
- Muffin holders
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine water, egg, vanilla and applesauce into a bowl. Whisk it up! This should be a frothy mixture.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon into a separate bowl and mix.
- Slowly pour liquid mixture into the flour and stir as you pour. The combination of it all should make a creamy batter. Mix well.
- Stir the apple chunks into the batter.
- Add your muffin holders to the pan and spray each one with cooking spray (or coconut oil).
- Pour batter into the holders, filling them almost to the edge. Garnish each one with a chunk of apple on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool before serving them to your dogs. Refrigerate to keep fresh.
These muffins smell delicious, and my dogs absolutely devoured them. For more irresistible DIY dog treat recipes, check out this page!