Summertime is the season for cold treats! DIY frozen dog treats are a great option if you’re hosting a an outdoor get-together, or just for fun. I have a few other homemade frozen dog treats recipes you can check out here. I hope you enjoy this three-ingredient recipe for DIY chicken pupsicles for dogs!
DIY Chicken Pupsicles for Dogs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 3 hours
Makes: 8 pupsicles
- 14 oz can of chicken broth (less sodium – I used Swanson brand)
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- Popsicle molds (I bought mine from The Dollar Tree. You can also use ice cube trays.)
- Fill each Popsicle mold about halfway with chicken broth.
- Put some peas and carrots into each mold.
- Pour the rest of the broth to fill each mold, leaving a little bit of room for the Popsicle stick.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Let your dogs enjoy outside or put the pupsicle in a bowl.
Peas and carrots offer great health benefits for dogs. You can also use other dog friendly herbs, fruits and veggies.
All three of my dogs absolutely devoured these chicken pupsicles. I made sure to give the treats to my babies outdoors because I didn’t want the melting broth to get all over my house. It really is the perfect summer treat for your pooch!