What you’ll need:
- fabric: You can use any pattern you want! I got mine from JoAnn Fabrics.
- push pins: I chose colorful round push pins
- ribbon: I chose 2 different types of paw print ribbon, which I purchased at Walmart.
- a piece of cardboard or cork board
1. Lay out your fabric on a smooth surface. Put your board on top of it so you can get a proper measurement of how much fabric you will need. I bought 1/2 yard of fabric and I used a little more than half of it for a 2 x 1.5′ piece of cardboard. Leave a few inches around the edges because you will need to fold them over the board.
2. Start by folding 2 sides of the fabric over the board. Make sure you pull the fabric tight so there aren’t any bubbles or wrinkles. Tape the fabric in place, then use your stapler to staple the fabric to the board about 4 times on each side. Fold the corners of the fabric as if you were wrapping a present, then staple the other sides. Again, make sure you pull the fabric tight.
3. Time for the ribbon. Measure the amount of ribbon you will need for your size board. Cut 4 pieces and make sure you cut extra since you’ll have to fold it over the board as you did the fabric.
4. Tape the ribbon in place on the front of your board, then turn it over and staple the ribbon to the fabric and board. Pull the ribbon tight, as you did the fabric. Remember to take the tape off the front of your board once you have the ribbon securely stapled to the back.
5. You can get creative with push pins by using many different styles. You can also use craft clothes pins. Wrap ribbon around push pins for some extra dog mom flair!
6. Add pictures, notes and anything you want to your board! You can either set it on your desk, lay it down or hang it up!