Practicing gratitude is something I do frequently, even in the most stressful of times. Since fall is pumpkin season and it starts my most favorite time of year, I thought to incorporate both thankfulness and the season into a DIY project. Although this isn’t dog specific, you can put a personal spin on it! I love this project because you can do it alone or include your family, and really personalize the final product. I hope you enjoy this DIY fall gratitude pumpkin as much as I will this year, and for years to come!
DIY Fall Gratitude Pumpkin
What you need:
- Pumpkin – it can be a real pumpkin or a decorative one! You can choose to pick up a colorful pumpkin from a craft store if you plan to use it as decor.
- Marker – I use a black Sharpie, but you can use gold, silver and bronze metallic Sharpies (affiliate) also. I think a black pumpkin with a gold Sharpie would look fantastic!
Now here’s what you do:
Everyday for the month of October or November (or both) write a few items on your gratitude pumpkin. The items can be ANYTHING you’re thankful for! For example; the first line on my pumpkin says “Our home. Family. Food. Pet events. Kayaking.”
The idea of the gratitude pumpkin is to appreciate anything positive in your life. Be truthful – don’t be cliche. If you’re feeling grateful for Pop Tarts, write it on your pumpkin! There is no wrong way to go about it.
Ideas for Your Gratitude Pumpkin
- Have one large pumpkin for your whole family, or have a separate pumpkin for each person. Do it your way!
- Use a real pumpkin or a fake one.
- Consider using colorful or pretty sharpies. A gold or silver Sharpie on a plastic, black pumpkin would make an extraordinary Halloween decoration!
- Tie a pretty bow to the stem of the pumpkin for an extra pop of pizzazz.
- Create one for both October and November. Perhaps you use a real pumpkin for October and a fake one to decorate for November. The choice is yours!
- Nail polish remover will help erase any Sharpie mistakes from your pumpkin.
This DIY fall gratitude pumpkin will make a wonderful new tradition in your home. For my first one, I picked out a Wynston-sized pumpkin. Check out the finished product below!
Is the DIY fall gratitude pumpkin something that you’d like to incorporate into your fall celebration? If you make one and post on social media, please use #DogMomDaysPumpkin so I can take a look! We’d love to share your pumpkins with our readers.