Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 2 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup pure pumpkin (not pie filling!)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp oats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and milk in a bowl and stir until flakey.
- Combine pumpkin, peanut butter and oats into large bowl.
- Pour flour and milk mixture into the pumpkin, peanut butter and oats bowl.
- Stir and fold heavily until a soft, workable dough forms. You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Cover your counter top with flour to prevent the dough from sticking and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into dog bone shapes or roll dough into small balls for round dog treats.
- Place the treats on a non-greased cookie sheet. Poke with a fork for an extra cute look!
- Bake for 15 minutes, or longer for a crunchier treat.
- Let treats stand for 10 minutes before giving them to your dog.
- Watch your fur babies enjoy!
Enjoy these homemade peanut butter pumpkin dog treats! Looking for more pumpkin dog treats? Check out this recipe for pumpkin spice dog smoothies!