My most popular treat recipe, DIY doggy cupcakes, inspired me to create a different mini version. I was prompted to do so because all three of my dogs are 15lbs or less, so I have to cut the regular size cupcakes. Mini cupcakes are a great option for small dogs but also for bigger dogs who don’t necessarily need a large treat. I made these delicious DIY mini doggy cupcakes themed for Christmas, but you can change it up for any holiday or celebration. Enjoy!
DIY Mini Doggy Cupcakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes
Makes: 48 mini cupcakes
What You’ll Need:
- Mini cupcake pan
- Cute mini cupcake holders
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (make sure it doesn’t contain Xylitol, which is toxic to dogs)
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fill the pan with cupcake holders. Spray each holder with a little bit of coconut oil or low fat cooking spray.
- Mix pure pumpkin, water, egg, 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla into a large bowl. Whisk until it becomes a frothy mixture.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Pour slowly into liquid mixture. Stir until it becomes a creamy batter.
- Fill each cupcake holder with cupcake batter. I used a tablespoon to easily fill each one since they are so tiny!
- Put cupcakes in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and Greek yogurt in a bowl. Mix well and put in the fridge.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, take the cupcakes out to cool. Once they are completely cool, frost with the peanut butter mixture from the fridge.
- I chose the decorate the cupcakes with some sprinkles, but that’s optional! You can also crush dog treats and sprinkle that on top of the cupcakes.
- Let your dogs enjoy these delicious DIY mini doggy cupcakes, and refrigerate leftovers.
This fun DIY dog treat recipe is part of a cookie exchange blog hop! Anyone is welcome to join my friends and I for the The Santa Paws Howliday Cookie Exchange! Link up below 🙂
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
*Disclosure: This post uses affiliate links but Amanda only shares products that she uses and loves!