Many of you have known me, Amanda, for a long time now. Dog Mom Days has been around since 2013 and I’m incredibly grateful for those of you who have been following us since the beginning! I do realize, however, that most of you may not know a lot about me personally. Of course I have six rescue kids and I live in Arizona, but I thought it’d be fun to share more about me as we head into 2018. Here are some fun facts and photos about me so all of you can get to know the dog mom behind Dog Mom Days a little better 🙂
Get to Know Amanda!
- I am 29 years old and live in Chandler, AZ. I’ve lived in Arizona for about 19 years. I was originally born in Indiana, moved to Ohio for five years, moved back to Indiana then came to Arizona when I was 10.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree from Arizona State University in history and culture. Originally I wanted to be a high school history teacher. My focuses are naval and Native American history.
- I used to race sports cars on road tracks and drag strips. I was much younger and braver then 😉
- I’ve been playing the drums since I was five years old!
- I’m obsessed with Coca Cola.
- I wanted to go into the military when I was 21. I was ready to go in and was working out with a recruiter everyday. I was only six months away from getting my Bachelor’s degree when my parents talked me out of joining the service. I’m glad they did because ultimately I got my degree, but I still wish I would have joined the military at some point.
- I didn’t drink alcohol until I was about 23, and I rarely drink. I’ve never smoked a cigarette.
- I witnessed a severe case of animal abuse when I was 12 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday. Everything I do for animals is to honor that poor dog who may have died that day…
- I grew up with one cat. I always wanted dogs despite being afraid of them. I feel like I missed out as a kid by not having a dog.
- I have two siblings; a younger brother who just served in the Army for four years and a sister who is 17 months older than me. She lives in New York.
- Both of my feet are tattooed.
- I had a mohawk when I was 21. Since then, I’ve donated 12 inches of hair…twice.
- My favorite flower is the tulip.
- I collect Disney pins.
- Gummy candies are my weakness.
- I’m a HUGE Arizona Diamondbacks fan.
- I love riding dirt bikes.
- I’ve been playing World of Warcraft for 13 years.
- I used to model.
- I love antiques.
- I asked Aladdin to marry me at Disney World when I was five years old. He said no. Way to squash a girl’s dreams…
- My best friend Andria and I have been friends for 18 years. Andria created my logo – big props to my main woman!
- Dog Mom Days is an official limited liability company. I LOVE being a business woman!
So there ya have it – some fun facts about me! Is there anything else you’d like to know?! I’d love to help you get to know me better. All of you are like my family, and I’d enjoy learning more about you also! Feel free to share in the comments 🙂