Dogs show us unconditional love. All they want in return is, you guessed it, love. Let’s show our canine companions how much we appreciate them by making them as happy as they make us.
- Take time to play – without your phone: Put the electronics down, sit on the floor and play with your dog for 10 to 15 minutes. Give them some undivided attention. Show them that they matter by playing a rough game of tug or an active game of fetch. Nothing will make your dog happier.
- Set a routine: Dogs love consistency, just as humans do. Most dogs don’t do well with transition or change, so having a set daily routine with walks and play time will keep them happy.
- Give them plenty of exercise: Just because you have a backyard doesn’t mean you should skimp on walks. Daily walks are very important for your dog’s mental and physical health. If you do take your dog out for a walk everyday, switch up the path from time to time – give your pup new smells and sights to experience!
- Make meals interesting: Wouldn’t you get bored of eating the same crunchy brown circles every. single. day? Throw some healthy meat in their bowl. Perhaps some delicious fruits and vegetables. Crumble some freeze tried treats over the top of their dinner. Do something to liven up meal time. They will love you for it it!
- Take them out of the house: Cabin fever. It can happen to humans, so why not take your dog out on adventures so they don’t stay cooped up in the house? Check for local dog friendly restaurants in your area, or take them with you to the local PetSmart or Petco. Going through the fast food drive thru? Let your dog jump in the car too so they can enjoy the car ride!
Do you do any or all of these things to keep your dogs happy?