This is it folks! The official countdown to BlogPaws is upon us! We are now in June and the conference is just weeks away. I’ve been preparing for months but there is a lot to do as we get ready for the big event. Here are some last minute items to be sure to take care of before you make the trek to Arizona!
For Your Blog:
- Order business cards and any swag you want to give away at the conference. You’ll need to order business cards ASAP to ensure they get to you on time.
- Make sure your blog is looking great! Brands, fellow bloggers and big names in the pet industry will be checking out your blog. Update any posts, photos, sidebars, etc. You’ll want your blog looking fantastic for BlogPaws.
- Schedule any posts or product reviews ahead of time that you need to have done during BlogPaws. You don’t want to be stressing out about meeting deadlines during the conference.
For Your Pet:
- Be sure you have an appropriate crate/carrier for your pet if you’re flying on an airplane. Each airline has different size guidelines for pet carriers.
- Get up to date vaccination records or a health certificate if you’re traveling with your pet.
- Do you have your pet’s red carpet outfit yet?! Better get on that!
- Buy booties, sunglasses or protective clothing for your dog if they are going to be in the Arizona sun. Senior dogs and dogs with very little fur are more prone to sunburn. I also use kids sunscreen for my dogs.
- If you aren’t sure how your pet will do around a lot of humans and other animals, socialize them before you head to AZ using lots of positive reinforcement!
- Have a dog that requires a snazzy grooming session? Make sure you have an appointment scheduled before your trip!
- You can take small dogs on the paddle boards at the Sheraton so I need to buy a life jacket for Wynston. Make sure you do the same if you plan to partake in the outdoor activities with your small dog!
Protecting Your Dog From the Heat
- I definitely recommend booties for your dog if you’re going to be walking around on the pavement in the sun. If the ground is shaded, it makes a heck of a difference. I don’t take my dogs outside to walk until the sun goes down in the summer. Not sure if it’s too hot? Do the 5 second test. Take off your shoe and put your foot on the ground. If it’s too hot for you, it’s too hot for your dog. Do your best to walk them in the shade!
- Keep them hydrated. I actually prefer the dry Arizona heat to the humid heat elsewhere, but with this comes the need for extra water. Make sure you always have water on hand for your pet and yourself. Bring a reusable water bottle and collapsible bowl with you. I mean, drinking extra water can’t hurt anyways, right?!
- Consider bringing items like clothing, hats and doggles if you plan to be in the sun with your dog.
- Come prepared with a hat, shorts, t-shirts, sandals and sunscreen if you plan to be in the sun at all!
- Get your red carpet ensemble ready.
- Pack plenty of notebooks, pens and pencils for note taking at BlogPaws.
- Make sure you’ve signed up for all of the sessions you want to attend using Sched.org.
- Use a large suitcase to pack, as you’ll need extra space for all of the swag you’ll be getting!
- Bring an extra computer and/or phone charger just in case! It’s also smart to pack extra storage for photos if you have a snazzy camera.
- Staying for a while? Check out these dog friendly tourist attractions in Arizona!
- Send a friend – one way to make sure you cover all of the sessions at BlogPaws is to split workshops with a buddy! Your friend can go to one session while you go to another. Take lots of notes and swap notes at the end of the conference!
Nervous for the conference? First time going? Just remember that we are ALL crazy pet people! Here are some great networking tips from my friend Elizabeth at The Chronicles of Cardigan!
Ticket quantities are dangerously low, so purchase your BlogPaws ticket TODAY! Use my code for 10% off! Will I be seeing you at the conference? Are you ready?
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.