Can you imagine eating the exact same food for each meal every single day? Sounds pretty awful, right? Well that’s what dogs go through! Personally I do whatever I can to jazz up my dogs’ meals. I add fruits or veggies, put kibble in treat puzzles and have a monthly food rotation. Now there’s a much easier, delicious alternative to mundane brown kibble. The answer is FLAVORS food toppers! We’ve seen other food toppers on the market but this is one-of-a-kind. I wish I would have come up with this brilliant idea because that’s exactly what it is. FLAVORS food toppers are the answer to a pet parent’s problems with a picky eater and boring dog food.
Basics FLAVORS Food Toppers & Treat Mix
FLAVORS are multi-purpose. The powdery blends can be used as a food topper or mix in, put in water to create broth or frozen in water to create delicious frozen dog treats. Dogs need one ounce of water per pound of body weight, and FLAVORS can help encourage your pup to drink more, especially in hot or dry months.
How do FLAVORS work?
FLAVORS are a human grade, powdery substance that are meant to be a dog food and treat enhancer. All you have to do dust a coating over your dog’s food and you have a delectable meal! Basics recommends one teaspoon of FLAVORS per one cup of kibble. You can also mix some into a bowl of warm water to create a flavorful broth.
What I like about Flavors:
- No prep time: Just pop the freshness seal and scoop away!
- Easy to store: FLAVORS bottles resemble those of spices. They are easy to store and lightweight so you could easily travel with them.
- Made in the USA: This includes all ingredients and packaging.
- 100% human grade: My mom even tasted the chicken one to test the “human grade” theory!
- Each bottle cap has a lip where you can clear away excess powder from your measuring spoon. (I really, really love this feature).
- Grain and gluten free, and there are no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
- Low calorie and all natural!
- The packaging is very attractive. (And yes, this does matter to me!)
- Peanut Butter: roasted peanuts, dehydrated sweet potato, potato starch
- Chicken: chicken, dehydrated chicken broth, potato starch, dehydrated sweet potato, rosemary extract
- Ocean Fish: dehydrated Pacific cod, potato starch, dehydrated sweet potato, rosemary extract
- Red Meat: beef, dehydrated beef broth, potato starch, dehydrated sweet potato
- White Cheddar: white cheddar cheese, potato starch, dehydrated sweet potato
What do Wynston, Khloee and McKenzie Rae think?
Oh boy. Where do I even begin? All three of my dogs enjoy every flavor. I’ve added FLAVORS to their meals as well as concocted a broth. I wasn’t sure how my pups would react to the broth, but it was gone within 30 seconds. Even my cat Sadie wanted a taste, and she liked it!!! Let’s just say that FLAVORS are now a must-have in my household. They are a cost-effective food enhancer that my dogs deserve to enjoy on a regular basis!
Basics Brands Give Back
In case you needed another reason to love Basics Brands, the company is committed to donating 10% of the profits to animal shelters in and around Atlanta, GA. Basics’ mission is to bring people and pet closer together, and from what I’ve seen, they are doing just that. To follow the Basics journey, you can visit them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
FLAVORS Food Toppers Giveaway!
I am giving you all the opportunity to win some FLAVORS! Three lucky winners will be able to choose two FLAVORS of their choice. Please fill out the Rafflecopter widget below to the best of your ability. If you are having trouble getting it filled out or there are technical difficulties, please email me at email@example.com or message me on Facebook. Please remember to use a valid email address when commenting on the blog post.
Giveaway open to US residents 18+ years old. Entrants must completely fill out the Rafflecopter widget. Anyone found to be manipulating the system will be disqualified and potentially banned from future giveaways. Click here for full disclosures.