Happy Mother’s Day! Whether your the mom to a human, dog, cat, bird, rabbit, guinea pig, rat, snake, horse, or anything else, today is your day! While I am the mom to two cats and three dogs, I appreciate all moms! Moms are unique individuals. We all have traits that make us great mothers. Today I decided I’d like to share some things that I believe make me a unique dog mom.
Although I treat my dogs like my kids, I know they are dogs. However, I do a lot of things with my dogs that many human moms do. Why? Because they bring joy and happiness to my life. Even if you think my dogs may not appreciate things the way human kids do, that’s fine. But I know that no matter what I do with my dogs, they love it. After all, dogs just want affection, love and kindness.
What Makes Me A Unique Dog Mom
- I read my dogs Christmas books during the holiday season.
- I take my dogs shopping at dog-friendly places.
- I love eating at restaurants that welcome dogs.
- I enjoy taking road trips with my dogs.
- I love taking my dogs to the beach.
- Exploring new places with my dogs is probably my favorite thing to do.
- I always take advantage of Bark at the Park.
- Wynston, Khloee and McKenzie Rae will all play big roles in my wedding.
- I wrap birthday and Christmas presents for my dogs.
- I can’t sleep without Wynston.
- I live my life around the well-being of my dogs (and cats!)
- I ultimately left my 9-5 job for my dogs.
- I bought an SUV to accommodate my dogs.
- I enjoy doing projects for my dogs, like making blankets and toy boxes.
- I throw Wynston a massive birthday party every year.
- I got Wynston into agility and PetSmart modeling, and I am SO proud.
- If you don’t like my dogs, I don’t like you.
- I enjoy making homemade dog treats.
- I like to switch up our daily walk routes from day to day so my dogs don’t get bored.
Honestly, the list could go on. The things I mentioned are just some of what makes me the dog mom I am today. Dog mom life is extremely fulfilling and I do my best to make it so. My dogs are angels that God has blessed me with, so I choose to show my gratitude by involving them in my life in such a big way.
What are some things that make you a unique dog mom?