Wynston likes to chew. Khloee really likes to chew. McKenzie Rae LOVES to chew, and let me tell you, those Kenzie teeth are always at work. I would definitely consider McKenzie Rae to be an “aggressive chewer.” Luckily she hasn’t destroyed anything valuable in our home yet because I always keep her busy. The Pet Qwerks Flavorit™ chews have given me another option to keep Kenzie from annihilating our house. I know there are several stuffable dog chews and toys on the market. They allow you to add peanut butter, cheese or another favorite treat. Flavorits make the entire process a bit easier and quicker. Instead of having to stuff peanut butter into a toy and make sure it’s filled enough, now I can just spread it!
What is a Flavorit™?
Flavorits were created with aggressive chewers, like McKenzie Rae, in mind. Each chew has tiny cells molded into each side. You can fill the cells with a simple spread of your knife! Peanut butter is a favorite with my dogs, so all I had to do was spread some onto the Flavorit and I’m done! I personally found that since peanut butter is so gooey, spreading a small amount with my finger was easier than using a knife. You can choose to fill one or both sides of the Flavorit. You may also consider filling one side with peanut butter and the other side with banana (or whatever treats your dogs like).
The first time I gave McKenzie Rae a Flavorit to try, I put peanut butter on both sides, and of course she just had to take it over to the carpet. SO, if you have carpet, you may want to consider filling just one side of the bone. I put way too much peanut butter on the chew at first and that contributed to the mess. All of my dogs like to hold chews with their paws so inevitably it touches the floor. Lesson learned!
Anyways, I love that Flavorits are made with 100% Nylon to withstand those ferocious Kenzie teeth! The material is long lasting and safe, allowing McKenzie Rae to chew and chew and chew. So far they are passing the Kenzer teeth test!
Okay now you’re thinking, “Well, all those little holes are going to be hard to clean!” Yes, you may be correct. However, Flavorits are dishwasher safe! This is definitely a huge benefit. I was able to easily clean the bones with a sponge. I also discovered that if there’s filling stuck in the tiny cells, a tooth pick can easily solve that problem.
What I like about the Pet Qwerks Flavorit chews:
- Available in several flavors – each Flavorit is already infused with a flavor to make the chewing experience extra delicious.
- Made in the USA.
- Easy to handle – I like that they aren’t super bulky, which makes them easy to travel with.
- Available in different sizes so you can choose what is appropriate for your dog. The smallest one was best for Wynston and the girls got the medium.
- You can opt to purchase a Flavorit Flex™ for a moderate chewer, but you can expect some chew marks in the toy 🙂 Khloee prefers the Flex chews so far.
What I like about Pet Qwerks:
- Family owned and operated business.
- They offer many interactive toys that are wonderful for a dog’s mental enrichment.
- They take pride in their customer service, by offering exceptional value and service to each customer (they’ve been a joy to work with!).
Flavorit Chew Flavors
- Breath or Flex Breath
- Peanut Butter or Flex Peanut Butter
- Flex Bacon
- Sweet Potato
Spreadable Treat Ideas
- Peanut butter
- Fat free yogurt
- Pet Qwerks recommends dressing up the spreads for your dog with bacon, parsley, cinnamon, peas, cooked chicken or cooked salmon. That is so brilliant!
Ready to present your pup with a few delectable Flavorit™ dog chews? Find a retailer near you using the Pet Qwerks retail locater tool. You can also order them online and have them sent straight to your door! But ready for the fun part? I’m giving you a chance to win a $40 prize package of Flavorit™ dog chews from Pet Qwerks! The winner will be able to pick their desired flavor(s) and size.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Official Giveaway Rules:
U.S. entries only. Must have a valid email address and shipping address. Must be 18 years of age or older. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to the congratulatory email with their shipping address. Any manipulating of the giveaway will automatically disqualify all entries from that individual. For all official disclosures, click here.