This post is sponsored by Chewy.com. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Greenies®, but Dog Mom Days only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Chewy.com and Greenies® are not responsible for the content of this article.
We all know how important pet dental health is. Did you know that 8 out of 10 dogs over the age of three have dental or gum disease? In order to avoid costly dental procedures in the future, it’s necessary to be proactive about your dog’s dental health. I personally know how difficult it can be to brush your dog’s teeth, and while it is important to do so, dental chews are a great product for your canine companion to maintain healthy teeth and gums!
Khloee and Wynston get a dental chew everyday. I might add that they have very healthy teeth and gums, thank goodness! I honestly credit our daily “dental” routine. Most of you have probably heard of Greenies. While Greenies offer a wide variety of dental chews and pill pockets, they are now offering a grain free option!
Lately, grain free products have been very popular in the pet community because we are becoming more aware of the effects that grains have on our pet’s health. Khloee and Wynston got to try the new grain free Greenies, in teenie size of course! Although my dogs have been fans of Greenies in the past, I was curious to see if their reaction to the chews would be any different since they are indeed grain free. Well, let’s put it this way – the dentals were devoured in under a minute.
Why Grain Free Greenies are great:
- They are available in four sizes, so you can choose which one would be best for your dog based on their weight.
- They fight tartar buildup and plaque.
- They freshen breath.
- They naturally help clean teeth to maintain healthier teeth and gums.
- They are low calories and low fat, perfect for a daily treating routine.
- They are formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs.
- They are natural with added vitamins and minerals.
- They are shaped like little doggy toothbrushes, which is super cute!
Where to buy:
You can buy Greenies at a variety of locations including PetSmart, Petco, Pet Club, Pet Planet and Choice Pet Supply. You may also have local stores in your area that sell them as well. Of course you can purchase them online at Chewy.com also!
For more information on pet dental disease, visit PetMD.
Have your dogs or cats ever tried Greenies products?