I’m getting SO excited for the BlogPaws 2015 conference. It’s just over 2 months away and I’m preparing for the biggest weekend (thus far!) in my blogging career!
This post is sponsored by Chewy.com. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Halo, Purely for Pets treats, but dogmomdays.com only shares information that I feel is relevant to my readers. Chewy.com and Halo, Purely for Pets are not responsible for the content of this article.
So. Holy crap. This is not really happening.
I’ve been planning my trip to the big BlogPaws conference in Nashville, TN in May. I was thinking about getting Wynston a custom made tuxedo jacket for the event and yesterday I was joking with Matt when I said “Okay, if for some extremely crazy reason that I am a finalist for a Nose-to-Nose award, I’m going to order him a custom jacket.” Of course, neither of us thought I’d be a finalist. Custom tuxedos are EXPENSIVE!
No joke, when finalists were revealed during BlogPaws Twitter chat tonight, I scrolled down the list and jumped out of my chair when I saw Dog Mom Days listed under the “Best New Pet Blog” category…
Tears. Oh, the tears.
I’ve been working so hard on my blog. I started blogging in December 2013, and here I am, all of those 3am nights paying off.
All finalists were nominated in January of this year. The judges went through over 1,000 nominations to reveal the 48 finalists in 12 categories. I am one of 4 finalists in my category. This is not happening…there are several thousand bloggers in the BlogPaws community alone!
Am I in a dream?
What’s crazy is that enough people read/like my blog for me to become a finalist for Best New Pet Blog. Wow.
In the meantime, I need a new dress!!!!!!!! The winners will be announced at the red carpet ceremony in Nashville on May 30th. I am so honored to be nominated for Best New Pet Blog with these other fantastic blogs:
Thank you too all of my readers, friends and family for always supporting me and believing in me! I love you all! And a huge thanks to the BlogPaws community for teaching me so much!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
As a member of the BlogPaws community, I am also a member of the Pet Blogger Influencer Group. We participate in monthly blogger surveys (which I find really exciting and I love seeing an email notification for a new survey!) and January’s results are in. The results were made into a super fun infographic, and I’d like to share it with you all so you can get further insight into the blogging world!
What do these stats mean to me?
- Just like 50% of influencers in this survey, Facebook does indeed bring the most traffic to my blog. I have almost 10,000 Facebook followers.
- I also wish I knew more about Google+, as do 35% of survey takers.
- A whopping 74% said Facebook is the least valuable to them. For me, it’s the MOST valuable!
- In terms of taking the most of our time, 36% said Google+. For me, this would be Facebook because I post about 3-7 times per day, and it brings me the most traffic, and therefore I put the most time into it.
- Along with 54% of survey takers, I blog a few times a week.
- I am with the 75% who apply for paid campaigns, but only if I believe in them and if I think they’d be a good fit for my blog.
- I definitely follow brands on social media. I think it’s important to follow pet companies that I love in order to stay up on the latest and greatest!
- And last but not least – how many times a day do I check social media!! I’m definitely one of those “So many times I lose count!” people. No shame!
What do you think about this infographic?
I’ve been blogging since December 2013. Just over a year later, I can say that I am blessed enough to be a full time pet blogger and I’m headed to the BlogPaws conference in Nashville, TN in hopes of furthering my career!
Something tells me I’ve been abnormally successful as a blogger in a short amount of time. I will tell you though, I’ve worked extremely hard to get to where I am at. I’ve invested some money, but mostly time and late nights to be able to work full time from home doing what I love.
Last year, the BlogPaws conference was in Las Vegas, NV. That’s only a 4 hour drive from my house but I had only been blogging for about 5 months and I wasn’t ready. Honestly, I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into. A year later, I’m so ecstatic to be traveling across the country, from Arizona to Tennessee, with my close friend Kama and our dogs to experience this life changing conference.
So what IS BlogPaws?
- A conference for anyone looking to learn and grow in the pet or web industry.
- Learn about how to make money with your business or blog.
- Meet and greet with fellow pet bloggers and their pets!
- Connect with brands.
- Learn how to market through social media.
In Nashville, I am looking forward to attending the workshops because I really want to learn how to further my career with blogging. Most importantly though, I’m excited to meet all of the faces behind the blogs I read. I’ve made many online friends through blogging and I cannot wait to hug them all and thank them for their continued support during my blogging journey! They have all helped and inspired me along the way!
BlogPaws 2015 takes place in Nashville, TN at the Sheraton Music City Hotel on May 28-30th. Are you attending this year?!