Enjoy these super cute Valentine’s photos of my kids!
We were nominated for the Liebster Award by our good friends Kimberley and Rolo over at Confessions of a Rescue Mom. Thanks for thinking of us and being such great friends! Be sure to follow Kim and Rolo on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
I am answering 11 questions given to me by Confessions of a Rescue Mom, and I will give 11 questions for my nominees to answer at well.
11 Questions for our Nominees from Confessions of a Rescue Mom:
1. Why do you think adopting a pet can better this world? Adopting pets can better this world simply because by adopting, you are saving a life. Saving lives teaches compassion, strength, courage and how precious life truly is.
2. What’s your most memorable day you have had with your pet(s)? The most memorable day I’ve ever had with Wynston was the day he won 2nd place King Chihuahua in the Cinco De Mayo Chihuahua Festival and Races in 2013. I had rescued him just a year prior and we had been working really hard on his confidence. When we went on stage to accept Wynston’s extremely large trophy (after a great on-stage performance), it was the proudest moment of my life. I had taken Wynston from a puppy mill to winning a puppy pageant. I was so proud of my boy for overcoming such terrible trauma.
3. What are your pet(s) name(s)? and why did you pick them? My Bachelor’s degree is in history, so needless to say, I’m obsessed with it. Wynston is named after the great Winston Churchill. Khloee was abandoned but already had the name “Chloe” so I just switched up the spelling. Joey is my tabby cat and he sits up like a baby kangaroo due to his disability, so it was only fitting to name him after a baby kangaroo. Sadie is named after a Beatles song. I adopted Sammie with his name 🙂
4. What got you into blogging? Wynston was my inspiration to start blogging. I wanted to share our journey with the world.
5. Any advice for some newbie bloggers? Follow your heart, dreams, vision and don’t afraid to be yourself. Also, don’t be afraid to market yourself – you never know who’s looking 😉
6. What’s your pet(s) favorite treat? There are several treat brands that I love, including PureBites, Dentastix, Pro Plan and Zukes, but I’m partial to my homemade dog treats!
7. If you could take your pet(s) anywhere, where in the world would you take them and why? Wow, this is a great question. I’d have to say Australia. Wynston absolutely loves the beach and I actually think he’d thrive in most climates. He even likes the snow. We have yet to find out what Khloee prefers!
8. Why is Spay & Neuter important to you? Spay and neuter is super important because way too many animals die in shelters each year. We can save millions of lives simply by spaying and neutering.
9. Does your pet(s) swim (Rolo doesn’t know how to…yet)? The day I rescued Khloee, she fell in the pool. I was standing right there so I had to jump in after her with my clothes on. Needless to say, she won’t go near water now. Wynston does swim, and I make him swim in the summer to stay cool if we’re outside, but he doesn’t prefer it.
10. Does your pet(s) get any types of supplements? Rolo takes: Milk Thistle, Coconut Oil, Glucosamine & Chondrin as of now. I love coconut oil for my dogs, as well as a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement. I believe in preventative health measures! I also have Wynston on a warm vapor eucalyptus treatment and vitamins for his tracheal collapse.
11.What’s your biggest tip you could share with a first time pet owner? Research, learn and don’t be afraid to ask questions. We were all new to being a pet parent at some point. Spay/neuter, microchip, put them on a good diet and have fun! Also, start training immediately!
11 random facts about myself:
- I’ve been published in 2 car magazines. (I used to race and work on cars).
- I’ve been involved in animal rescue for over 7 years.
- I play the drums.
- I used to be an investment banker.
- I can’t sleep without Wynston – I have separation anxiety when I’m without him.
- My brother is in the US Army. I’ve struggled very badly with him being gone and it’s a daily process for me to get through.
- I’m extremely close with both my parents. I love them for supporting me no matter what.
- I met my boyfriend on a video game…then we got a house together! (We’ll get married some day!)
- I like animals more than humans.
- I’m a Coca-Cola fiend.
- My favorite movie in the world is A Christmas Story.
- Kama <3’s Agility
- My Kid Has Paws
- The Lazy Pit Bull
11 Questions for Our Nominees:
- What is your pet’s favorite toy?
- What is your pet’s favorite game or activity?
- Have you ever traveled with your pet? Where to?
- How long have you been blogging?
- If you could rescue any dog breed, what would it be and why?
- If you had a $500 PetSmart shopping spree, what would you buy?
- How many pets do you have (list their names!)?
- If you could make a speech about 1 topic for the entire world to see, what would the topic be?
- Why is animal rescue important to you?
- Are you involved in any dog sports?
- If your pet could understand English for one day, what would you tell him/her?
What To Do If Nominated:
Should you accept this award, you’ll need to know the rules, which are:
1. Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
3. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
4. Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
5. List 11 random facts about yourself.
6. Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy.
7. List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
8. Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
What dog mom doesn’t need a super cute shirt to fit her lifestyle? Here’s an easy one that you can customize and personalize to your liking!
I love pit bulls. I could go on and on for hours about how loving and amazing they are. I could sit here and rant about how dog fighting is the epitome of cruel. I could tell you all of the reasons why BSL is absolutely ridiculous. I’ll leave that for another super long blog post, however. Today, I want to introduce you to Boomer.
I just want to squish that face.
This is Boomer. He is a pit bull. He’s an absolute angel.
This morning my mom met Boomer and his parents, Ed and Barb at Einstein Bagels. My mom loves to strike up conversation with dog lovers (especially pit bull owners it seems!) because my passion for the cause has rubbed off on her a bit I think!
Anyways, Boomer’s story is special because he was sentenced to death. Boomer was 2 hours away from being euthanized when Ed and Barb saved the day…and his life. Now, this precious baby, once judged on his appearance, is now living the life and eating bagels for breakfast.
Do you want to be judged by your appearance? Well that’s exactly what America is doing to pit bulls.
Boomer, today you live another beautiful day in the sunlight, surrounded by love and peace, thanks to people like Ed and Barb. May you enjoy the rest of your life on this earth, as you should have had the chance to do in the first place!
God Bless you all.
Be honest – do you brush your dog or cat’s teeth? Did you know that only 2% of pet owners brush their pet’s teeth?
Um, I’m guilty. I don’t brush my animal’s teeth. I do, however, take preventative measures to ensure that my babies maintain bright beautiful smiles! Here are some things you can do to avoid a costly dental procedure in the future.