Admit it – social media is a part of your daily life. Currently there are over 1.5 billion monthly Facebook users. Yes, you read that correctly. Billion. With social media platforms being such a big part of the average person’s life, it only makes sense that there are social media sites for pets! Over 75% of the US population considers their pets to be family. Combine this with social media user statistics, and you have a lot of people who care about their pets and making it known online! The perfect medium for pet loving social media users? The Pet Community! The Pet Community is a social network for pet owners. It’s a place where pet parents can share photos and videos of our pets with like minded individuals…without flooding our Facebook feed (although I have no shame in this)!
The Pet Community
Registering as a user on The Pet Community is like creating an account for anything else online. Start by clicking the “Register” button in the top right corner of the home page. You can sign in using Facebook or create an account with your email address. I chose to sign up with my email, and it was as easy as any other online registration process.
After you register, you will receive an email to confirm and activate your account.
Once you are registered and you have completed the activation process, you will want to create your profile. This is just like creating your profile for another social media account. Simply fill in the blanks, choose a profile picture, and start exploring! Do keep in mind that The Pet Community was established in 2016 so there are fantastic features that have not been released yet.
Other features include:
- Photo gallery: Upload photos of your pets and see photos of other pets in the community.
- Video galley: Upload fun videos of your pets and see what others upload as well.
- Friends: Like Facebook, on The Pet Community you can request the friendship of other animals. If you get a friend request you can accept or decline it. You will receive an email each time you get a friend request, but you can also disable notifications.
- Blog posts: Write blog posts to share adventures with your pets.
- Recent events: On your side bar and on the bottom of the home page you can see recent activity. This tells you when someone logged in, created a new pet profile or uploaded media.
- Photo contests: The Pet Community will be hosting photo contests. That feature is coming soon!
- Celebrity pets: There are celebrity pets that you can follow on The Pet Community, including Nala Cat, Cole & Marmalade, and now Wynston!
- All pets welcome: Have a ferret, rabbit, horse or reptile? All animals are welcome on The Pet Community!
- Forums: Discuss anything pet related. All pets are included – from dogs and cats to reptiles and small animals!
Ease of Use
The Pet Community is very easy to use. If you’ve ever created a social media profile or registered for anything online, you will have no problems creating an account on The Pet Community.
Join The Pet Community!
Ready to create profile for your pet(s) on The Pet Community? Click here to get started! All animals are welcome – The Pet Community isn’t just limited to dogs and cats, which is one of the features that makes this social media network for pets so much fun! You can also follow The Pet Community on Facebook to stay up to date on all the cutest online animal photos!
Once you sign up be sure to send Wynston a friend request!