Kittens need proper nutrition in order to grow to their full mental and physical potential. Development starts with a good diet, so in this article we’ll list the features and benefits of the top six best kitten foods of 2021.
Top 6 Best Kitten Foods of 2021
Your kitty is probably meowing for some noms, so let’s dive into our list of food choices!
- Seafood recipe for kittens with sensitive tummies
- Made with whole wild salmon, rather than salmon meal
- Assists with digestive health
This holistic kitten food from Halo comes highly recommended for all kittens, and especially those who may have specific grain or protein allergies. The salmon is sustainably caught, and the ingredients support the development of your kitten’s brain, immune system, and muscles.
You can buy this food on Amazon, or at any major pet retailer.
- Chicken recipe
- Made in the USA and recommended for kittens, nursing and pregnant cats
- Antioxidant and vitamin blend to support the immune system
Hill’s Science Diet cat food is formulated by veterinarians, and it’s made from high-quality ingredients. This Science Diet kitten food will ensure that your furry friend is getting the nutrients and prebiotic fibers they need to grow into a healthy adult.
- Created with deboned chicken
- Features garden veggies and fruits
- Made with a blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
Blue Buffalo Health Growth kitten food is tasty and filled with LifeSource Bits – a combination of specific antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. The mixture is formulated by veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support your kitten’s overall health and wellness.
- Real chicken is the #1 ingredient
- Rich in antioxidants and Omega fatty acids
- Contains calcium and phosphorus to support your kitten’s teeth and bone growth
This Pro Plan kitten formula is made complete with DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid which helps to nourish brain and vision development. It’s also made with 42% protein to fully support the healthy bodily functions of your kitty. Pro Plan kitten food does come in a few different protein types.
- Grain-free and made with cage-free chicken
- Packed with protein and minimally processed
- Kibble is coated in freeze-dried raw
Instinct makes an excellent food for dogs and cats alike. Instinct kitten food is nutritious and delicious, as it’s created with both real meat and whole food ingredients. This kitten diet is unique in that each kibble piece is coated with a layer of raw flavor.
- Delivered to your door
- Recipe is formulated by 2 board certified veterinary nutritionists
- Premium, highest quality food on the market
I absolutely love NomNom food for both cats and dogs. If you have the budget, I highly recommend NomNom! I’ve been a fan of theirs for years, and it’s worth it. Check out what they have to offer by clicking the banner below.
On an end note, if your cat or kitten is struggling with diarrhea, Fortiflora is a fantastic solution. It helped my shelter kitten get over her digestive issues! It’s a powder probiotic supplement that can simply be added to kitten food.
Optimal growth of a kitten starts from what they eat. A good diet will jump start your kitten to living a long, full, healthy life! We hope that you found one of our options for the best kitten foods to be suitable for your feline buddy.