Wynston and I (and our friends Kama, Porky Pig and Polly Pocket) leave for Nashville, TN to attend the 2015 BlogPaws conference in 5 days and 11 hours – from the time I am writing this post!!!!! It feels like just yesterday I purchased my plane ticket (February) and found out I am a Nose-to-Nose award finalist in March!
I’ve been counting down the days. Literally. I have a countdown app on my phone! I started preparing for the conference in March. I bought my red carpet dress, attracted some media attention and worked out small details. Now that we are less than a week away, I can finally say that I’m done shopping for Nashville. I did have to get some last minute items though:
- New carrier for Wynston: I ended up buying a Sturdi Bag for Wynston in place of the carrier I already had. I wanted something bigger, more comfortable and with a top zipper so he could stick his head out. I scored with this carrier. I was nervous about flying with Wynston but after receiving the carrier in the mail and seeing Wyn positively respond to it, I’m feeling so much better! It also got amazing reviews – I did a ton of research!
- Stole a giant suitcase: Well, I didn’t STEAL it. I borrowed a big, high quality suitcase from my dad since I don’t have one. I’ll invest in one eventually…but for now this one will work perfectly. My small suitcase fits well in it (I’m bringing an extra suitcase for all the free goodies I’ll get at the conference) and I will still have lots of room for clothes and my red carpet dress.
- Ordered more Dog Mom Days items: I bought a super cute tote, more business cards and some stickers for the conference. Now I have 2 sizes of business cards and an adorable tote to carry it all in!
- New backpack: On the airplane I can take a carry-on and a personal item. Wynston is my carry on but I wanted a “personal item” big enough to carry my laptop, wallet, Wynston’s travel items AND I wanted it to zip so everything would be secure. Would you believe I found the best backpack ever at Walmart?! It fits my laptop comfortably and has a ton of pockets and zippers so I can divide everything as necessary. I didn’t want to risk losing anything in the overhead bin. You can’t beat the $15 price tag.
- A new shirt: A $70 Calvin Klein shirt…because why not?!
In the meantime, Wynston has another photo shoot tomorrow (that will make 3 this week!) and I still have to get my nails done. Nashville here we come! YEEHAW!!!
Are you going to the conference this year? Have you ever been to Nashville?
Join in on the pre-conference fun!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…