Learn tricks, win treats. Have fun, get sweets! Welcome to the 2018 Trick or Treat Giveaway Hop!
The biggest Trick or Treat Giveaway Hop yet is hosted by the lovely ladies (and doggos) at:
For 13 days you have the chance to teach your dog new tricks and win treats – including up to $1500 worth of fabulous prizes!
Are you ready for this?!
$350 Gift Card to Petco
Assorted KONG Dog Toys
$150 VALUE – SPONSORED BY KONG
$100 in Wellness Pet Food Dog Treats
$100 VALUE – SPONSORED BY WELLNESS PET FOOD
2 Bags of Each Spike Dog Treat Recipe
(8 Bags Total)
$98 VALUE – SPONSORED BY PETCUREAN
All Meat Bites, Jerky Bites, Chicken Chips,
Jerky Strips, All Meat Crispies, and Jerky Wraps
(1 Bag Each)
$78 VALUE – SPONSORED BY ONLY NATURAL PET
6 Month Subscription to DOGTV Online
I and Love and You Fresh All Rover Dental Chews
$66 VALUE – SPONSORED BY DOGTV
Four Flavors of Soft n’ Tasty Baked Bites,
One Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth,
and One Free Range Chicken Bone Broth
$60 VALUE – SPONSORED BY CARU PET FOOD
1 Small Bag of 1mg Pumpkin Chews
and 1 Large Bag of 4mg Pumpkin Chews
$56 VALUE – SPONSORED BY TREATIBLES
Cha Cha Chicken, Bodacious Beef, and Peanutty Perfection
(24 oz Bags – 3 Total)
$56 VALUE – SPONSORED BY NOAH’S BARK DOG TREATS
Qwizl Treat Toy and Rowdies Toy
$56 VALUE – SPONSORED BY WEST PAW
Mutt Hatter Plush Toy Collection
$48 VALUE – SPONSORED BY P.L.A.Y.
PLUS follow ALL bloggers on
Facebook & Instagram for a chance to win
one of 13 SPECIAL SOCIAL MEDIA PRIZES!
A new giveaway will be posted each day on either
Facebook or Instagram and will run for 24 hours.
Each giveaway will be posted on the co-hosts’
social media pages along with a select group of bloggers.
You can enter on each participating blog’s account for MORE entries!
You have to enter each day for a chance to win that day’s prize.
Dog Mom Days Trick: Hold a Long Down-Stay
In my dog mom life it is absolutely imperative that Wynston can hold a long down-stay position. Why? Mainly because he’s a PetSmart model! Dog models are typically required to be in a position for a long period of time for photo shoots. If you’re interested in getting your dog into modeling, this is something you’ll want to get amazing at. And quite frankly, it’s easy to teach. This is what it looks like to hold a long down-stay:
As you can see, Wynston is laying on the bed in his down position and staying there while I walk around our home. The toughest part of teaching this trick is always getting your dog to stay once you’re out of their line of sight. Here are my recommended steps, using positive reinforcement:
- Make sure your dog knows the “down” and “stay” commands first.
- Next you want to practice having your dog lay down and stay.
- When your dog is in a down position, step back about a foot and ask them to stay. If they continue to stay, treat them.
- Keep repeating the process by stepping back a foot at a time. If at one point they get up, start again a little bit closer.
- Once they allow you to stand about 10 feet or so away without getting up, you can start practicing line of sight.
- Briefly stand behind a door or a wall. Simply disappear for a moment. Don’t stay there for long – just enough so your dog no longer sees you. When they continue to stay, go back and treat them. Repeat the process as necessary.
- Once they are pros at staying down for a nice distance and with you briefly stepping away from their sight, work on being out of their sight for a longer period of time. Always go back to treat your dog for continuing to lay down and stay. Lots of treats and praise is imperative!
- If you practice all of the above steps on a continual basis, your dog will learn to hold a perfect down-stay in no time!
Now it’s time to enter the giveaway! After you enter ours, head to the other blogs below to learn more tricks and up your chances of winning!
WHERE TO ENTER:
Learn to Jump Through a Hula Hoop
by Kol’s Notes
Learn to Spin
by Beagles & Bargains
Learn to Come
by A Dog Walks into a Bar
Learn to Hug
by Boogie the Pug
Learn to Wear a Hat
Learn to Hold a Long Down-Stay
by Dog Mom Days
Learn to Play Hide & Seek
by Fidose of Reality
Learn to Show Your Belly
by It’s Dog or Nothing
Learn to Jump Through Hula Hoop Hands
by Maggie Loves Orbit
Learn to Back Up
by McSquare Doodles
Learn to Take a Bow
by My GBGV Life
Learn to Do An Obstacle Course
by My Rescued Life
Learn to Say Your Prayers
by Oh My Dog Blog
Learn to Clean Up Your Toys
by Tenacious Little Terrier
Learn to Leg Weave
by The Broke Dog
Learn to Balance Items on Your Dog’s Head
by The Chesnut Mutts
Learn to Crawl
by Wag ‘n Woof Pets
Learn to Wave
by Wear Wag Repeat
Visit each blog for more chances to win!