Just like everyone craves for some rest and quality rest after a long tiring day, so do our four legged friends. Dog beds made from quality durable material offer good health benefits to your pets reducing your number of visits to the veterinarian.
Quality sleep is important for the body to heal and repair itself. It is also at this time that most growth takes place. Good blood circulation and efficient energy metabolism are crucial during sleep for quality rest for a productive life.
As a veterinarian we can’t take for granted where our pets sleep and the health benefits of quality sleep. A comfortable bed especially for senior pets goes a long way in maintaining quality of life.
One of my trusted choices is Woofmat™. This has got to be one of the greatest inventions when it comes to dog beds in the veterinary field. Below we discuss the benefits of using this revolutionary invention.
Key Features of the Woofmat
Woofmat is made from specialized celliant fibers.
Celliant fibers are made from the latest nanotechnology which uses 13 thermo reactive minerals. These are embedded within the polyester microfibers to absorb energy and remit it back to the body through infrared energy. The choice ingredients change the wavelength of the energy waves emitted making it easy for absorption by the body. This offers perfect energy efficiency which can be used by the body to carry out physiology process such as cell division, immunity, growth and repair.
Among the choice ingredients and minerals are Titanium dioxide which is which helps to reflect light. Silicone Dioxide on the other has energy reflection and absorption properties while Aluminum Oxide helps to increase reflectivity. For more information about this please click here.
The energy remitted back to the body causes an increase in the size of blood vessels (vasodilation) causing an increase in blood volume and a decrease in blood pressure. Increased blood perfusion to body cells not only increase oxygenation important for energy production in cells, but also an increase in supply of nutrients, removal of toxins from cells and increased immunity through white blood cells. All this cells processes are essential for good running of the body, improved sleep quality and overall quality of life. Decreased blood pressure is important in dogs with heart, kidney and liver failure.
Celliant microfibers are of high quality ensuring durability and long term usage. The fibers are also fray resistant. Dogs are known to bite their beds especially during teething, separation anxiety or out of habit.
The fibers are also water repellant. This comes in handy especially after a bath or a run in the rain. This is also important in senior dogs or those with urinary tract infections which may suffer from urinary incontinence. This ensures the bed is dry at all times and easy to clean. It also prevents bacterial multiplication reducing chances of infection.
The beds are also made from orthopedic foam. This helps in supporting muscles, bones and joints as it takes the shape of the body giving a massaging effect especially on pressure points. It also promotes better sleeping posture preventing the body from curling on itself. This reduces strain on joints and the spine and increased energy levels the following day.
Orthopedic foams are especially important for dogs suffering from joint degenerative diseases such as arthritis, hip dysplasiaetc. This ultimately leads to good quality sleep.
Celliant fibers are specially made to allow air circulation within the bed itself. This reduces multiplication and colonization of bacteria therefore better hygiene and decrease in bacterial infections.
They also assist in temperature regulation while sleeping giving better comfort. This is beneficial during those hot summer nights and cold winters. As opposed to regular fibers which trap or vent body heat, celliant fiber technology converts body heat to infra red energy which is later reemitted back to the body. This promotes efficiency and promotes vasodilatation and oxygenation essential for body physiological processes as mentioned above.
It is also anti slip and stays in one place on the surface.
Woofmats come in array of colors that match your taste especially if you are conscious about the interior of your home. On top of that it comes in various shapes that can adapt and fit perfectly on to furniture of your choice at home.
The Woofmat is also very light and portable.
Pros of the Woofmat:
- Allow energy efficiency by absorbing infrared energy and remitting it back to the body
- Are water proof therefore easy to clean and reduce chances of infection
- Made from orthopedic foam which helps support muscles, joints and bones. It also helps to maintain body posture reducing strain on major joints and the spine.
- Beneficial for dogs with joint degenerative diseases
- Improve blood perfusion and increases oxygenation of body tissues by 7% which is beneficial for your pets athletic performance during exercise and better sleep.
- If is antifray therefore durable and long lasting
- It’s light and portable
- It has incorporated antislip technology allowing it to stay in pace
- It helps improve blood circulation and cell oxygenation in the body. These processes are essential for the day to day running of the body.
- Helps in temperature regulation reducing chances of hyperthermia or hyperthermia depending on weather condition.
- Comes in arrays of colors to suit your interior décor needs.
- It comes in a variety of shapes and easily fit on to furniture.
- Offers quality sleep which consequently improves athletic performance of pets and great energy for daily activities.
- Made from quality material offering long term durability.
- Price point is a bit on the higher side though compared to the quality of material used, it is economical in the long run.
Celliant nanotechnology found in woofmats is a worthwhile investment for your dogs health. It enables efficient use of body energy to increase blood perfusion, oxygenation and thermoregulation crucial for cell division. This consequently leads to better sleep and great athletic performance the day.
Click here to order your Woofmat! Use code 10DOG_MOM at checkout to receive 10% off your Woofmat purchase!
This article was written by guest author and veterinarian Dr. Maureen Kanana.