When I heard about Open Farm dog food, I thought to myself “Now THIS is a food I’m interested in.” What caught my attention was the “healthy food that is ethically raised and sourced” part. We all know that most pet food companies can’t say the same, so I definitely wanted to give this brand a try.
Open Farm is a family-run business. They get their ingredients from local farmers who respect the land they live on and treat animals with equal respect. The ENTIRE food-to-bowl supply chain is audited and certified by third-party organizations specializing in humane animal care and sustainable farming practices. Open Farm meat and poultry is 100% certified by the Humane Farm Animal Care Program. I like the sound of this.
Wynston and Khloee had a chance to try the three foods that Open Farm offers, which are all grain free. The recipes include homestead chicken and turkey, catch of the day whitefish and green lentil and farmer’s market pork and root vegetable. No surprise here – Khloee and Wynston loved every recipe!
As a dog mom, it means a lot to me when a company, especially a pet food company, cares about animal welfare and sustainability. You can read about Open Farm’s environmental initiatives here.
You’ll notice that the main ingredients on each recipe is humanely farmed chicken, turkey or pork, or ocean caught whitefish. You won’t see grains, byproducts or corn. But you will notice that the recipes include healthy ingredients such as coconut oil and fresh vegetables.
What I like about Open Farm dog food:
- Their standards. You have to appreciate a pet food company that respects the welfare of all animals AND our Earth, by putting sustainable practices in place.
- The size of the kibble was perfect for Khloee and Wynston. It is small enough for their tiny mouths so they didn’t have a problem crunching on it.
- The first ingredients are humanely farmed meat or fish.
- The food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
- They make a food that is not only good for our pets but also does some good for family farms, farm animals and the environment.
If you’re looking for a healthy, humanely made, grain free food, Open Farm is the perfect option for you. What’s better than supporting a company that cares about animal welfare and protects the environment in the process? On the website you can find a local retailer that sells Open Farm near you.
Check out this great video that shows why Open Farm is so wonderful and be sure to like them on Facebook!