Gosh, it’s been TOO long since I’ve come up with a new homemade dog treats recipe. Since Cinco De Mayo is right around the corner I wanted to make something fun and festive! While I am also in the process of trying out Hemp My Pet products for Wynston, I figured I’d include the hemp infused coconut oil in this recipe. These simple dog treats can be made with ingredients you already have in your kitchen, and they’re perfect for any fiesta. Wynston thinks they are delicious 😉 Enjoy!
Homemade Fiesta Dog Treats
Recipe makes: 48 small dog treats
What you’ll need:
- Baking sheet
- Rolling pin
- Dog bone shaped cookie cutters
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Hemp My Pet Coconut Oil
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- If you aren’t using a non-stick baking sheet, you will need need to grease it so the treats don’t stick.
- Mix 2 cups flour, egg and water into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in 1 cup peanut butter, oats and Hemp My Pet coconut oil.
- Add the last cup of flour and mix the concoction into a dough. (Add more flour if it’s too watery, and more water if it’s too crumbly).
- Coat your counter and rolling pin with flour so your dough doesn’t stick to anything.
- Roll out the dough to your desired thickness (I did about 1/2 inch) and cut with dog bone shaped cookie cutters.
- Space the treats out about an inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or 20 for a crunchier treat.
- Let the treats cool completely, then lightly coat with a little bit of peanut butter. Top with sprinkles and have a fiesta!
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to a week.
Homemade fiesta dog treats are great for Cinco De Mayo, any sort of celebration, or a fun weekend project with your pup! Check out all of my other homemade dog treat recipes here!
*Affiliate links are present in this post but I only share products that I use and LOVE!*